How do I copy/paste text from Word to Jira

Jason Holderness
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2016

We use Microsoft Word for Mac (15.27) at my office. I'm quite frequently needing to copy text from Word into a JIRA issue I'm creating. Every time I try, JIRA converts the text to an image and attaches it to the story. How do I make it paste the text as text into the story description?

4 answers

1 vote
Nicola Catton April 2, 2019

Having the same issue - it's really frustrating! 

1 vote
Remko Gerbranda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2017

Same issue for me, I would like to paste "text only" / "without formating"

1 vote
Jason Holderness
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 8, 2016

Yes, that works. But no, that's not a real solution. I shouldn't have to copy it to a second app before copying it to Jira. Why doesn't JIRA handle copying text from Word?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

I am linux fan and do not know why it does not work for mac smile.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

Try to copy through TextEdit app: Paste to the TextEdit, copy there and paste to JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events