• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we turn off the "Show all issues" feature?

All of the sudden now my backlog list is truncated with a "Show all issues [##]" link in the middle of the list.

How is this feature helpful?

Engineering_Board_-_Agile_Board_-_JIRA.png

Now I have to take an extra step EVERY TIME I REFRESH THE PAGE (because a helpful feature like auto-refresh has never been instituted) to click the link to see all the items in my backlog.

All I want to know is HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF? I just want to see all of my backlog like I used to be able to do without having to click a link to view it!

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jan 14, 2020

Hi Robert, do you see ellipses on the right of your backlog list? Here is what I see...

backlog.jpg

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

FYI - This setting does not persist from one session to another. That said, I made an important discovery that will help.

Look carefully at the URL in your browser BEFORE and AFTER you click that button to display all issues. Note that it adds the following to the URL: &issueLimit=-1

Knowing this, you can then just update your saved browser shortcuts that take you to the backlog view to include this, and it pre-loads the backlog with all issues displayed. Same thing goes for Quick Filters. It's all done through URL manipulation, which is pretty nice actually and lets you create shortcuts that preload filters, etc...

Good luck!

Thanks Paul, that's helpful.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, opening the Backlog view in a new tab (by middle-clicking) seems to always set issueLimit=100. Even if you're opening it from the Backlog with issueLimit=-1. I frequently switch between the Active Sprints and Backlog views so I run into this issue all the time.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't previously the case, and that issueLimit was being persisted somehow because when this "feature" first rolled out (a few months ago?) I remember only having to set it once or twice, but now I have to re-set it multiple times a day.

Edit: Workaround I've come up with is creating a very simple Tampermonkey script to just always add issueLimit=-1 whenever navigating to the Backlog view. Tampermonkey's a browser extension that lets you run arbitrary javascript on any pages you want.

Like Beth likes this

I've clicked the "All Issues" option from the menu at the top of my backlog, but this setting DOES NOT PERSIST!  What's the point if I have to re-enable this configuration each time I re-open my backlog?

I am constantly using CTRL+F to find specific issues by number in my backlog, but with this feature enabled the correct items will not be found if they're hidden in the middle by this ridiculous feature.

I need a way to PERMANENTLY disable this feature.  Performance be damned.  Anyone have anything useful here?

We're using Jira Cloud, for reference.

0 votes

Hello @Robert_Helstrom

This is a performance optimization that has recently been rolled out to speed up backlog load times. There is no configuration switch for it.

See Jack's comment above. I was able to override the truncation by selecting All Issues from the Always Show options under the ellipsis next to the Create Sprint button for the Backlog. Thanks

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

TIL :) 

Pardon my frustration here, Fernando, but is there a path for feedback on this?  This feature is NOT something I want.  It's frustrating, and changing the setting to "ALL ISSUES" does not appear to be persistent.

I need a way to either make this setting permanent, or disable the feature altogether.

I have to agree with Paul here. 

I just came across this issue as I inherited a rather large backlog (on a Kanban board) that needs a lot of shuffling as it gets organized.  I am constantly refreshing my page after moving things around and as others update statuses, and every time, I have to scroll down and "show all" before I can trust that my Ctrl-F search is finding all of the similarly-titled stories.

I would really, really like to turn this feature off permanently.

Additionally, FWIW, I don't see the option under the ellipsis menu to control how many items I see.  I don't know if that is an admin setting or because I'm working in a Kanban backlog view.

- ETA: found the "always show ##" menu.  Looking at the board ellipsis and not the backlog ellipsis.  My bad.  Still looking to see if that setting holds between browser sessions and refreshes...

@Beth - That setting won't hold from session-to-session, which I still think is a bug,. 

However, after posting this, I made an important discovery.  Look carefully at the URL in your browser BEFORE and AFTER you click that button to display all issues.  Note that it adds the following to the URL: &issueLimit=-1

Knowing this, you can then update your saved browser shortcuts that take you to the backlog view in your project.  With this new parameter in the URL, it pre-loads the backlog with all issues displayed.  Same thing goes for QuickFilters.  It's all done through URL manipulation, which is pretty nice actually and lets you create shortcuts that preload filters, etc...  

Very useful, actually.

Good luck!

Like Beth likes this

@Paul Stansberry  Works like a charm, thanks!  Browser bookmarks updated successfully...

Like Paul Stansberry likes this

This is incredibly frustrating - where do we request this to be fixed by Atlassian so we don't have to fiddle with the URL/bookmarks?

Like Beth likes this

This is incredibly frustrating - where do we request this to be fixed by Atlassian so we don't have to fiddle with the URL/bookmarks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you