How can users permanently be deleted?

Jens Eversmann July 31, 2017

Assigning tasks shows old users who have been deleted for months. I do not want them to appear in the select fields anymore.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

When you disable users you need to remove them from all roles and groups. DO NOT DELETE USERS, IT WILL BREAK ISSUES THEY HAVE WORKED ON.

Jens Eversmann August 2, 2017

The users are already deleted. They are not included in any group or role. Nevertheless, they still appear when assigning tasks.

Jens Eversmann August 2, 2017

btw the deleted users never worked on issues in the past.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

If you have 'ghost' users I suggest you re-index, just to be safe, and if they still persist contact Atlassian. If they aren't in ANY group or the database something is seriously wrong. 

Jens Eversmann August 3, 2017

Thanks but I do not find this option. I have contacted the support now. 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Hi Jens,

Hopefully support has gotten back to you to show you how to index.  If not, as an admin you can type 'g+g' and then type indexing to open the Administration Search Dialog Box per Using Keyboard Shortcuts.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Disable the users.

Jens Eversmann July 31, 2017

I don't see the users in the user management anymore but they appear in the selection.

Suggest an answer