How can i enable voting on an Epic in Jira Server?

Jamie Banks February 12, 2020

Im using Jira Server, and am putting a roadmap together that i'm using to gauge interest in the Epics my team have in their back log. I've got the Epics on a Kanban board (displayed as now next etc) and now i'd like users to vote for what they'd like to see delivered.

I cant seem to find a way to enable voting on Epics, it works for Story's / Tasks but not Epics... is this a flaw in Jira or am i missing something!?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

It's a global setting - Go to the the Admin cog -> System and look for Allow users to vote on issues.  This needs to be set to ON.  You cannot configure it per issue type or project.

I've got it turned on, but still cant actually vote on the Epic. however I can vote on other issue types...?
Capture.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture2.JPG 

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

I think it might be because you are the Reporter of that issue... can you try on a different Epic created by someone else?

Like Rajat likes this

you're spot on, thank you for saving me hours of pain!! Capture4.JPG

Suggest an answer