How can I troubleshoot and resolve permission-related issues in Jira using the Q&A interaction style

Toilets Advice
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2023

Hello Atlassian Community members,

I have encountered some permission-related issues in Jira, and I would like to seek assistance from the community to troubleshoot and resolve them. I find the Q&A interaction style on the Atlassian Community forums to be an effective way to get help, so I'm reaching out here.

I am facing challenges related to permissions in Jira, such as users not being able to access certain projects or perform specific actions. I have already reviewed the Jira documentation, but I'm still having difficulty resolving these issues.

If anyone has experience in troubleshooting and resolving permission-related problems in Jira, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and support. Could you please share any troubleshooting steps, best practices, or potential solutions that I can try to address these permission issues?
Regards
Toilets Advice

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

@Toilets Advice ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community !!

If you have site admin permission then go to the Permission Helper Section Refer  this

there you can enter the user (for which you want to check the permission) , issue key (select any project issue key on which you want to check permission)  and the permission you want to check whether that user has or not

On Issue level permission also you can check. 

Accept the answer if it helps

Suggest an answer