How can I track an individuals hours logged on a ticket if multiple users have logged hours

Jeff Bodyl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2020

How can I track an individuals hours logged on a ticket if multiple users have logged hours on that same ticket?

I'm currently using the filter: project = Demandware AND worklogAuthor = currentUser()

This will pull all tickets I have "logged" hours to. However, if multiple people have logged hours to that same ticket, the "time spent" column shows all hours logged on the ticket. Not just what that individual has logged.

Any way around this?

5 answers

0 votes
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2023

Unfortunately this is something that is still not resolved in the JIRA and you will need to use extra add-on. There are many time tracking addons that you can find here : Time tracking

Our customers find it very easy to track each person time spent with Timescale. 

You select a team or individual users and you see their detailed timesheets, like this:

2ba095bd-4d81-4f38-a3dd-56162e793785.gif

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

Hi, the report as you describe could look like this in eazyBI:

eazyBI Time report.png

You can refer the current user in your report, or define your custom teams for the report.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Namra Rehman Murtazai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2022

hi, I need to get all the tickets with the time I logged in to that ticket. 
Is there any free tool to get this?

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hi,

you can have such a report with eazyBI:

Pasted_Image_19_01_2022__14_55.png

Please, check for more about the app on the Marktelplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Like Namra Rehman Murtazai likes this
0 votes
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 15, 2020

This is one of the known limitations of the time tracking available in Jira. However, there are many great apps on the Atlassian Marketplace that give visibility into hours logged by specific users. One of them is Worklogs - Time Reports for Jira that we have developed and here's how it looks like:

778b7beb-c20a-4031-8e7f-c0f148b2fa6e

There are also many options to customize the view to group the hours by issue types, projects or any other Jira issue fields that you want.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sara Nicholson March 3, 2022

@Sebastian Brudziński I have loaded the free trial of the Worklogs - Time Reports for JIRA app you mention above but when I create the report I cannot find how I can get the total time a person worked on tickets when they are not the assignee? It is giving the credit for all of the logged time to the assignee. Can you tell me where I can find this addressed in the documentation?

Thanks, 
Sara

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
March 3, 2022

@Sara Nicholson In order to only get the hours logged by particular users, you have to select User in the Categorize by dropdown.

Let me know if this helps! You can also reach us via the service desk and have someone walk you through the process :)
https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Best regards,
Sebastian

Sara Nicholson March 3, 2022

Thanks @Sebastian Brudziński , that did it :) 

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2020

This is how JQL works, it returns issues as result, so this behavior is expected. You can use one of the timesheet apps in the marketplace. WorklogPRO's "Time Tracking Panel" shows user based time spent totals. 

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2020

Hiiii @Jeff Bodyl 

If you want to see log work individually, I suggest you use "tempo timesheet" add-on or eazyBI.

Suggest an answer