How can I set the Start Date and End Date before the Sprint?

tracey.smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2020

Hello,

I Started Sprint a 2 weeks Sprint BUT realized the end date was less than 2 weeks. How can I change the project end date after the Sprint has started?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Hello @tracey.smith

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

You follow the steps below to edit a Sprint start date and End date once you have already clicked to start the Sprint (Although the Sprint is not already done):

1 - Navigate to the project board where the Sprint is allocated > Backlog

2 - Click in the three dots icon above the Sprint view > Edit Sprint:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 16.29.17.png

3 - Edit the dates as you need and click in Update:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 17.25.10.png

P.S: To perform those steps, you must be added with the Schedule issues and Manage Sprints permissions of all the projects displaying on that board. To add your user with those permissions, a project admin must navigate to each project returned by the board and click under Project settings > Permissions, properly adding your user to any of the roles/groups under the Schedule issues and Manage Sprints permissions.

You can check more details about project permissions in the documentation below:

Managing project permissions 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Brian Taylor July 8, 2021

There appears to be an issue with changing the start and Edit dates in JIRA 8.  If you change the start and end dates it only changes the planned date an nto the actual sprint date,  There is an article that details what is happening 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Change-sprint-start-date-in-Jira-8-x/qaq-p/1612641

I have checked to see if there is a bug reported but did not fine one.

Suggest an answer