How can I search for Jira tickets for which I have added a comment?

Angela Correia May 24, 2016

How can I search for all Jira tickets for which I have added a comment?

3 answers

0 votes

I tried installing the ScriptRunner for JIRA add-on but got the following error:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/version/1566?_ga=1.18980344.1911347836.1464097417 cannot be installed on this Cloud instance.

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

Oh, it's for JIRA Cloud.

From @Mark McCormack [Adaptavist]:

Adaptavist have been working on ScriptRunner for JIRA in the cloud but we do not as yet have a good solution for adding ScriptRunner JQL functions. It is proving difficult technically to achieve it through the connect framework.

The main thing we have working so far includes scripted workflow post functions and scripted event handlers.

JQL Pro (Mongo Search) is available on Cloud. The method will probably be different, i'm looking for this smile

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

So, with this new add on the method will be:

{
  "fields.comment.comments.author.emailAddress""some@email.com"
}

Other search examples available here.

Best regards, Damien.

0 votes

When i try to enter the issueFunction command, I get the error message saying 

"Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it"

Would installing ScriptRunner for JIRA allow this to work?

Thank you Damien,

Angela

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Absolutely smile 

The issueFonction is provided by ScriptRunner smile

image2016-5-24 17:2:42.png

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Hi Angela,

If you're using JIRA Server:

You can use JQL function: issueFunction in commented("by Username")
You must install ScriptRunner for JIRA. Only available in Server.

smile

If you're using JIRA Cloud:

JQL Pro (Mongo Search) is available on Cloud.

The methos is:

{
  "fields.comment.comments.author.emailAddress""some@email.com"
}

Other search examples available here.

Best regards, Damien.

Rich Andersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2016

How do I know if our company's instance has Scriptrunner or if we are on cloud/server? Can i search for all issues I have commented on without needing a plug in or script?

Suggest an answer