How can I link tickets raised using ticket references used within a customfield using an automation?

Ethan Bhardwaj July 26, 2024

Hi There, 

So on a form I have created, we have an input box to enter a ticket reference. Once the ticket is submitted I want an automation to select the value entered in that box to be the reference used when linking tickets

if anyone has any further insight on this and how I can achieve this that would be greatly appreciated. 

Ethan

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ethan Bhardwaj August 1, 2024

image.png

I have resolved this Issue. I wasn't aware you could type out the custom field as the link as the drop-down options weren't clear 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2024

Hi Ethan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the rule that you have so far and what is not working with it? 

Ethan Bhardwaj August 1, 2024

Please read accepted answer

- Ethan 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Banned
July 26, 2024

@Ethan Bhardwaj Correct me if i'm wrong, do you want to link issues using automation ?

Ethan Bhardwaj July 26, 2024

@Nicolas Grossi Yes I want to create an automation that triggers once the form is submitted that it takes a custom field value uses the input and links the relevant ticket information automatically. So if a ticket was raised I could enter a ticket reference to another ticket that needs to be linked to the form once I submit the form it will then link that inputted ticket reference. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer