How can I give customers access to the Jira Service Desk Portal

Nicole Baumeler July 20, 2018

Hi everybody

I'm new here but proud to have already set up a fully working AD integrated Jira Service Desk Project for my team with Confluence as a collaboration plattform and knowlegebase.

So far everything is working pretty fine. Also managed to allow systems to send em-mails to Jira SD and create issues of them.

But now I'm struggling already a whole day to allow other users (without Jira license) to access the Jira SD Web Portal to see their tickets and incidents.

I have found ton's of artcles about users, groups, project rights etc. and I think, most I have already set correct from the beginning. One article describes the use of Portal only customers and I would gladly follow the instructions there (see below). But after hours of searching for- and backwards I am still not able to find, where these settings are done...!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-jira-service-desk-customer-accounts-913213935.html

Where you manage your customers depends on what type of account they have:

• Manage customers with Atlassian accounts in Site administration > User management.
  • Manage customers without Atlassian accounts in Site administration > User management > JIRA Service Desk > Portal only customers.

Can anybody please help me on this?

The need to have non licencensed users allowed to create and view tickets (issues) is a killer criteria for the project to be established or not.

Thank you all in advance!

Nikki

2 answers

1 vote
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 9.00.58 AM.png

Nikki,

Please check the 3rd option. (Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal)

First, your JIRA must allow public sign up, then in your Service Desk, allow all users to email or raise a ticket.

You can't have all 3 option. Select one.

Victor

0 votes
Deleted user July 20, 2018

Hi @Nicole Baumeler,

Please check the required Global Permissions are set; go to Jira Settings > Applications > Jira Service Desk configuration and check the following permissions are given. 

Can customers access and send requests from the help center without logging in?

Check Yes.

In the JSD Customer Permissions Settings located in the project settings; you should be able to give permission for the folllowing; 

Who can access the portal and send requests to JSD Project?

Check Anyone can send a request via the portal or address

Who can customers share requests with?

Check Other customers in their organization. If they're not in an organization, they won't find anyone.

Now when you share the Portal link anyone should be able to access and create a ticket. 

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer