How can I determine the Resolution ID?

frank lohfeld August 19, 2022

Hello,

to Limit the resolution in my project, I must use "jira.field.resolution.include" as Workflow Properties (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html) here I must hand over not the Resolution but the "Resolution ID" how can I determine this ID? I'm only a Project Administrator, not the Systemadministrator.

Thanks in advanced 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hello Frank,

Kian is correct, an alternative way ( And I found it easier) is to:

• go to the Cog icon --> Issues.
  • In the left menu, go to the lower part and found "Resolutions"
  • Hover over the Edit button on the Action Column and check the last part of the URL, check picture below for reference:

2.png

Hope this answer your question.

Cheers,

Nico.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

@Nicolas Tagle

Just to clarify, what you've provided here would be the preferred solution if you are an administrator in the system. For users that are not administrators, they'll need to view the underlying issue data to gather the resolution ID's.

Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi Kian, that is correct. Since I saw the url provided within jiraadmin I don't think it would be a problem.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Nicolas Tagle, I believe the question specified that the OP was not an admin which is why I recommended what I did. Either way, your solution is the best way admins can see the ID's.

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
frank lohfeld August 23, 2022

oh - cool it works also.
I'm a admin, but not a Systemadministratorin - it means - I can't access the databases directly.
Thanks for your helpful awnser

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

@frank lohfeld

You can view the JSON data of an existing resolved ticket using the url https://<your-domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/<your-resolved-issue-key>.

Once you have the JSON data, search for the "resolution" field.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.40.20 PM.png

frank lohfeld August 20, 2022

Thank you very much - it works 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Good to hear @frank lohfeld, please accept the answer if that works for you!

Suggest an answer