How can I change the mapped status of a newly created column (to done)?

Rufus Andreas Plattner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2019

I would like to add an additional column with a done state. Currently I can only add, rename and move a column, and if it is on the very left it's todo/grey and if it's on the very right it's done/green, anything in between will be in progress/blue.

It's a Next-gen software project with Sprint board.

I used to be able to edit the workflow in the Project settings, but this has changed a few months ago. I assumed that it had to to with access levels, but now have spoken to our Jira administrator and he can't do it either.

All I have found so far is that I need to map the column statuses via the Columns menu, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0713/configuring-columns-965542312.html, but when I open the board menu (...)  I can only see Manage rules and Hide cover images

Any help would be very much appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2019

If you only have "manage rules" and "hide cover", then you are in a Nextgen project where there is no remapping of board status.

Rufus Andreas Plattner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2019

Thank you for the quick answer!

Lachlan Macnish October 20, 2020

So I just imported a board from Trello, and it's chosen the wrong column to be the Done column. I can't fix this?

0 votes
Lachlan Macnish October 21, 2020

That answer is not correct.

To do this, you need to delete the current "Done" column. When you delete it, you will be prompted to choose a new "Done" column (and I assume all cards moved to that column too - so if you don't want all the cards in the wrong "Done" column moved to "Done", be sure to move them first).

If you actually want to keep the column marked as "Done", I'd suggest you first create a new column to replace it, move all cards to that column instead, and only then delete the incorrect "Done" column.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

The answer above is entirely correct.

Your fix for when you imported your data into the wrong column is a good fix, but it's not doing any remapping, it's reconfiguring the project to not have "done" and then re-adding it.

Suggest an answer