How can I automate the expiration of an SLA when it expires and I generate an alert to a user that t

Javier Figueroa May 28, 2021

I need to report a problem that expired automatically

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Javier Figueroa 

Is this Jira Cloud or Server/DC?

---

If this is in Jira Cloud, you have Automation for Jira built-in. See below for a brief guide to creating a rule as a JSM Project Admin:

• On your JSM Project, select Project Settings from the left-hand menu
  • Select Automation > Automation from the new left-hand menu
  • Press Create Rule in the top-right corner
  • Setup the rule - for example...
    • Trigger: SLA Threshold Breached (choose an SLA / timeframe)
    • Action: Comment on Issue OR Send Email (set relevant details)
  • Publish the rule to activate it

^ If this sounds like the right rule for you, and you'd like more specific help with the Trigger or Action, please let me know further details :)

For more information on Automation for Jira, check out this page.

---

If this is Jira Server/DC, and you don't own Automation for Jira, it should still be possible to use Legacy Automation to handle SLA breaches. See more information on Legacy Automation on this page.

Legacy Automation is available in Jira Cloud also if preferred, but I'd suggest using the new version where possible :)

Ste

Javier Figueroa May 31, 2021

What I need is when an SLA or incident expires, that is, it reaches 0 minutes, I alert the users that that incident was not resolved.
It is for Server

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

If you have cloud you have automation built in. You can use this automation to trigger on a breached issue and then select whatever conditions you want to qualify the trigger and then send an email to notify whomever you wish

Suggest an answer