How can I auto adjust the start and end dates in Jira Roadmaps automatically?

Abdallah AlSurakji June 3, 2022

Good day,

I am trying to set up the advanced roadmaps feature to auto adjust the start and end dates of tasks/ stories based on dependencies. For example if  Task 1 is delayed for three days than it was planned for (i.e. we extended the due date), the subsequent Task 2, which is blocked by task 1, keeps the same start date and does not change.  I would like to find a way to automate this, but unfortunately we do not have the automation plugin for now, which I know may be able to solve this issue.

Jira Server v8.20.6

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Abdallah AlSurakji

This feature is not available.  There is a feature request that you can vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-3104

Regards

Abdallah AlSurakji June 6, 2022

Thank you for your reply, fingers crossed :)

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2022

Hi, @Abdallah AlSurakji !

You can try out Business Process Manager add-on if you`re ok with Atlassian plugins. It has 30 days free trial period, so you`ll have enough time to check if is helpful for you.

So, scheduling allows making tsks creation flexible and automative.

99CD160E-AEC5-4AF5-8015-7CCCFA20BFAB.gif

Let me know if it helps!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet 

When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclose your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording. For more information about this, please see:

Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Donna Benton likes this
jeanne_higgins November 15, 2022

Desperately need this functinality for Advanced Road Maps as it is a pain having to manually move hundreds of start and due dates one at a time when a predecessor issue is delayed.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer