How can I add multiple users to one swimlane?

Devin Curran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2017

Hello, 

I'm trying to set up swimlanes on a Kanban board that represent different disciplines with specific resources nested under them. My thought is that this will provide a view of our team on a single board that will help manage resources and project allocations across the disciplines. 

For instance my swimlanes are: 

• Copywriter
  • Design
  • Media
  • PM
  • UX 

I wrote JQL statements in the following format for each swimlane: 

Name > project = "X" AND assignee = "X" and assignee = "X"

I've noticed that swimlanes with only ONE assignee show up properly and swimlanes with multiple assignees don't show up on the board at all. Instead those tasks are grouped under 'Everything Else'. 

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm looking for? 

Thanks,
Devin

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

It's the AND in your JQL.

You can only have one assignee on an issue (one of the reasons Jira was written was because multiple assignees simply does not work).  You seem to be saying "in this project, look for issues where the assignee is X AND Y at the same time".

I suspect you want OR.  So try "Project = X and (assignee = Bob or assignee = Alice or assignee = Charlie)". 

That's the explanatory mathematical Boolean logic for it, but a nicer way to write it is "Project = X and assignee in (Alice, Bob, Charlie)"

Devin Curran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2017

That worked, thank you!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events