How can I access to the create Priority Scheme?

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

I'm trying to create differents priority cateogries for differents project, and I saw in the community that Jira has an option to create Priority Scheme and assign them to an specific project, but I cannot see that option, seems like is disable or hidden.

I'm using this Jira version:

image.png

7 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2018

Cloud does not yet have priority schemes.  You still have the single global "scheme" that applies to all projects.

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

too bad, I'm dealing with a project that needs different kind of priorities and is kind of annoying to have ALL that priorities that won't be used.

Do you know if there is another option to set specific priorirites to a project? I mean some ad-don or something like that?

Like Tracy Wray likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2018

Eh?  That can't help you.  Cloud is a different product to Server.  It doesn't have the priority schemes.

There are no add-ons that I know of that provide it (I don't think they can, because the priority is system stuff)

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

Oh! Ok I see now, well thanks anyway for your help and comments!!

=(

Josh Polsky June 19, 2018

Is it on the roadmap to add Priority Schemes to Cloud? 

Like # people like this
Daniel McLetchie November 13, 2018

Is there any update on this as I need to add different Priorities to different projects using JIRA cloud

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2020

Nope, there's no change, Atlassian have no plans to bring priority schemes to Cloud.

Tracy Wray April 15, 2021

I think this could be helpful, as well, so I created this Feature Idea for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21455 

Like # people like this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2021

You can vote for "Priority schemes" in Jira Cloud here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3821.

Like # people like this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2023

Almost 2 years in, the Early Access Program for Priorities per project aka Priority Schemes for Cloud is now open for signup: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Join-Atlassian-s-Early-Access-Program-for-Priorities-per-Project/ba-p/2443410

Alok gupta March 20, 2024

Priorities per project for jira cloud is still not genreally rolled out. 

0 votes
Sam Elshiwick June 13, 2019

will this be changed for the cloud version? it's been asked for several times 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2019

Cloud is not going to get priority schemes apparently.  Next-Gen projects may enable per-project priorities internally though.

Mikaela Bertucci May 22, 2020

seriously???? It is very important to be able to set your own priority schemes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2020

You'll need to move to Server or DC if you want to have priority schemes.

Ronald Vallenduuk July 17, 2020

With all due respect, that sucks.

If Jira Server can have priority schemes, then why can't Cloud?

Next-Gen is useless for our company but we could really do with priority schemes for proper projects in Jira Cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2020

Different software going in a different direction.  Atlassian have no plan for priority schemes in Cloud

Jimmy Lipham August 10, 2020

Agreed, this is really really stupid. We pay a ton of money to Craplassian for JIRA and we really could benefit from different priority schemes as others here have also clamored for.

Please implement this... clearly it would be welcomed.

Like # people like this
Henry Lepsi August 9, 2021

Very disappointing that Jira Cloud has no priority schemes. Particularly since Atlassian is making everyone move from Server to Cloud.

Very important to us, since we have various types of projects ... some are internal, some are business managed and some are basically vendor lead with their own priority levels.

Please implement this ... it would be very welcome!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Rick Johnson March 18, 2019

Thanks for the work-around. I have the same issue.

0 votes
manoj kumar July 9, 2018

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Looking for priority scheme to create more priority as per my projects and associate to related projects. This is a common feature and should include in Cloud version.

Hi, Jesus, how you create custom field for priorities to workaround this issue.

Jesus Perez July 9, 2018

Well, you need to go to the Project's Setting and under the Issues Option go to the Custom fields section.

Son into there you can create a field with a type as "Select List (single choice)" and configure the priorities option.

Once you have your custom field created you need to associate it with a Screen, so for that you need to enter once again to the custom field screen and look for the one that you just create and then under the ellipsis symbol select the "Screen" option so you check the screen that is related to you project and you will have the field available for that screen you just need to go to that screen and make it visible.

Hope this information can help you!! 

Note: The problem here is that into your backlog view you wont have it available, you need to open each each to see that custom field.

manoj kumar July 9, 2018

Thanks Jesus,

I will try this.

Like Jake Yemtsov likes this
0 votes
Loretta Bredice June 18, 2018

Hi Jesus,

not sure if you sorted the problem yet but I was having the same problem and saw a suggestion a in another ticket saying "create a custom field for priorities"; I haven't tried that yet (I'll try this afternoon) but it looks like the only feasible solution for me

Kind regards

Loretta

Jesus Perez June 18, 2018

The Priority Scheme is not available for Cloud Version, so maybe that's the reason you neither can do it.

But, yes, the costume field seems like is another way to do it, the only thing is that is difficult to set it as a part of the preview screen. or in the quick view from the backlog list, which is important to have it for the PO, you know! I mean for now the costume field is the only way to do it, I tried it and is ok.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

Jesus,

Are you a JIRA admin in your project.? If not, only your JIRA Admin can do so.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html

Victor

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

Yes I'm Jira Admin but now I saw that for Cloud is not available that option :(

Like Elliot Gates likes this
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

My apologies, i should've noticed that you were using the cloud version.

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

Do you know if I can get the desktop version like for free trial, apply the configuration and then get the Cloud configured?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2018

My answer to that seems to have vanished.

No, you can't - the schemes are done in code, not configuration.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

Jesus,

Go to project settings of your project --> click on Priorities (as shown in attachment) --> Click on View Priority Schemes (as shown in attachment) --> Add a Priority --> Create a priority and associate with your project.

Victor

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.54.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.55.19 AM.png

Jesus Perez May 18, 2018

I just can see that "Action" option :(

This is my screen and when I go to priorities those are the option that I get.

image.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer