How about allowing supported customers to ask Atlassian support to Answer questions?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

There are lots of issues with Atlassian products that are covered by both: Answers and support.atlassian.combut the problem is that Atlassian support does hardly read or post answers here.

Could we find a way to open questions as support tickets? If we do not have anything private in our questions and this can also apply for other customers it doesn't make sense to raise a private ticket on support.atlassian.com.

It would be much better just to open a quetion here. Now the problem is that here we do not get answers from support.

Any plans to solve this dilemma?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2014

We have a report internally that shows the % of questions answered by Atlassian, which shows a running average of about 18% of the answers coming from Atlassians. If you take a look at the leaderboard, I'm number 20 on there, and we've got Joe Clark at #6 and John Inder at #15.

I think it definitely needs more attention from Atlassian, but on the other hand this is indeed a community tool where we should participate but not dominate.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2014

Thank you Jeremy. It seems that you do really look over these and that's great. I do not think that you should be afraid of dominating the Answers.

Even if 75% of anwers would come from Atlassian it would not be a problem. What is important is to have proper answers, ones that can accepted, even if there to follow to an issue on jira that has to be solved.

So I guess one option is to raise questions on Answers, and if not getting proper attention, to ask support for help. After working with support, the customer or Atlasian can post the resulting hints on answers too.

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Answers is the place to ask questions. Support is the place to report bugs/errors or get direct support from atlassian. I typically use support if I am unable to do something with an Atlassian product that it is designed to do. I use answers for doing more complicated things that Atlassian products are capable of doing, but not necessarily designed to do.

P.S. I know you were wanting to hear from Atlassian on this, but this is just my philosophy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events