How I can clear the previous field value in a transition view screen

Hi All,

Please suggest me how I can auto clear the previous field value in the transition screen, means if I'm doing a resolve workflow action then the pop-up window (transition screen) is coming and there I need to select some of the mandatory value then do resolve action, ok ..

there assignee field is mandatory field, but its having having previous assignee name, so here my problem is,

Suppose if I'm not changing the assingee name then also its allowing to do resolve action and taking assignee value same as previous assignee... so how I can overcome this. Please suggest.

In brief, how I can clear the previous value when its comes to transition screen. (before post fuction in workflow transition)

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

JIRA Misc Workflow extentions has a "Field has been modified " validator using which you can check if the value is changed or not. We use that instead of clearing the old value. This will force users to select a new value.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/292

Many thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,983 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you