Horizontal navigation panel in latest Atlassian products

Vladyslav Darmenko August 14, 2018

I don't know how did you checked and proved UI in new version of layout, but for sure I'd like to know if you have in plans enabling horizontal navigation panels in JIRA and Confluence. 

Left vertical navigation steal useful space on the screen. Hiding pannel does not help because icons are not self descriptive. In JIRA instead of hovering on navigation elements now I have to click on them in order to see Dashboards for example. 

Please advise if you will get back top horizontal navigation? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kenny Dickie December 2, 2019

There was an Atlassian beta program recently for the Horizontal Menu Bar.  It was a Chrome Extension called "Atlassian navigation extension".

I was recently notified that the beta is over but the extension is still available... So maybe it's official now...

It's only for Chrome though.

Vladyslav Darmenko December 2, 2019

OMG! You made my day! This is great and works just as it should! Thank you! 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

Atlassian are pretty committed to the "new" layout, I don't think it'll be going back to the horizontal version any time soon on Cloud.

Which is a shame as the vertical bar is pretty dreadful for most users - this forum is littered with people asking to get rid of it, and we've picked up migration work from Cloud to Server simply because it's so bad.

Suggest an answer