Having trouble searching for specific sprints within a Project

Deleted user May 13, 2019

Hello,

I have had some issues with search functionality. I am trying to search for a specific sprint within a project. I go to search and when I try and insert Sprint as one of the search criteria I get this Error message (see below). I have been able to search by sprint before so I do not know what is stopping me now.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.JIRAIssue.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Hello Chris,

Please, provide us with the following information so we can better troubleshoot your issue:

- Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? If it's JIRA Server, can you provide us with the version?

- Are you able to perform the search when using the advanced option?

project = Eligibility and issuetype = Story and Sprint = nameofthesprint

- Did your user have the JIRA Software application access? or only JIRA Core?

- Did this problem happen for other users?

- What is the project you are specifying in the query? Is it Kanban, Scrum or next-gen?

Additionally, we found a feature request which describes this problem Here, however, it was solved on version 6.7.2.

Let us know what results you got from the steps above. :)

Deleted user May 14, 2019

Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? If it's JIRA Server, can you provide us with the version?

- SAS 

Are you able to perform the search when using the advanced option?

- Yes, I can search for specific sprints using the advanced option.

Did your user have the JIRA Software application access? or only JIRA Core?

- JIRA Core (I believe)

Did this problem happen for other users?

- Yes, all of the users are running into this issue.

What is the project you are specifying in the query? Is it Kanban, Scrum or next-gen?

- Scrum, but it is happening for all the Projects that I have access to which include Kanban and Next-Gen. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hello Chris,

Can you please let us know what you mean by "SAS"? Is this any specification of your JIRA Server? What's the version of your application?

Deleted user May 14, 2019

It's what one of the other Admins told me. Where can I find the info for Cloud vs. server and my version number so I can get you a better answer?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2019

Hey Chris,

JIRA Cloud instances use a specific URL format like xxxxx.atlassian.net, while JIRA Server uses any other domain that you would like to use.

Once you know if your Site is Cloud or Server, you can click on the "?" icon > About JIRA to see its version.

Deleted user May 16, 2019

- Cloud

- Jira 8652e0d9

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events