Have Table Excerpt Include macro display the name of the page above each table

David Doria April 20, 2020

Using the Table Excerpt Include macro I can pull together tables from, for example, a bunch of pages with the same label.

Say I have 2 pages, 'Page 1' and 'Page 2' with the label 'TestLabel'. The result would be as follows:

[table from 'Page 1']

[table from 'Page 2']

However, in some cases the table contents are not immediately useful without knowing which page they came from. So I'd want the page to display something more like:

Page 1

[table from 'Page 1']

Page 2

[table from 'Page 2']

Is something like this possible?

Thanks,

David 

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020
David Doria April 20, 2020

Thanks @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ . I tried the joint with the Title table, but then it display the page name on every row of the table on the page that is the source of the Table Excerpt as well (this is silly, because the reader already knows which page they are on). How would I hide it there, but show it in the tables created by the Table Excerpt Include macro?

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

You can wrap each Table Excerpt macro with Table Filter and set it to hide column with the page title. As a result, the page title will be hidden in all pages except for the summary page with the Table Excerpt Include macro.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2021

Hi @David Doria , here is our latest update for the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros: now you can show page titles of included tables automatically.

Just tick the Show page titles of included tables field and you'll see the links to the pages with Excerpt macros:

Mon 2-1.png

Suggest an answer