Greenhopper data from 5.2 is not importing to 5.1.8

jiraguy November 14, 2012

Hi,

My team is using the OnDemand instance which is running JIRA 5.2. I took an export and imported it into our on prem instance of 5.1.8.

Everything looked to have imported in until I saw our scrum boards. It appears that did not import over. Any ideas why? Is this a known issue? Is there anyway to fix that?

Cheers,

Graham

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

Er, there's one glaring issue - the data generally is not backwards compatible. You shouldn't be importing from 5.2 to 5.1 - Jira should have warned you of this and refused to do it.

Well, for the longest time while 5.2 RC was the OnDemand platform I was able to import data correctly. But all of the sudden it won't work.

In that case, on a different note, after the install of 5.2, can I use my server.xml file from the last installation. In other words, can I replace the new server.xml file in 5.2 with my server.xml file from 5.1.8? I don't want to have to do all of the custom configuration for my security all over again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

Yup, the data is pretty close at a glance, but moving backwards is simply not supported. I'm afraid the answer is to move to 5.2 and retry it all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2012

I'm pretty sure you can. The server.xml file is more of a Tomcat config file, and I don't think the versions have changed radically enough to make it incompatible. I'd check though.

Suggest an answer