Greenhopper - SCRUM, Sprints, version and releases

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Hi,

We have a jira project for each development group.

Each development group is responsible for few products (for example, Applications group is responsbile for all products all mobile & web applications).

Usually, during a sprint, we focus on one or two products.

Sometimes, we have 3 or more product we must focus on during a single sprint.

I have a problem using the GH(Greenhopper) pluging:

A sprint in GH is sub-version, however, as I said, we might work on few products during a specific sprint.

How would you recommend us to work with Greenhopper?

Thanks,

Janiv.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Shiner February 13, 2012

Janiv,

Version hierarchies can be structured the way you need them. In your situation it may be better to have the sprint version have a sub-version relating to each product line being worked on in the sprint. A version structure like:

• Sprint Master
    • Sprint 12-04
      • M 12-04 - mobile app
      • M 12-04 - web app
      • M 12-04 - embedded app
    • Sprint 12-05
      • M 12-05 - mobile app

In this way you can still segment the apps as well as rollup variations for each unified sprint.

Peter

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Me too agree with the same. We also created Sprint Names specific to product to manage this kind of development in the scrum teams.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

I just thought so !!!!!

Thanks !!!

Suggest an answer