Good tutorial for Burn Down Reports

Alex Cumberland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Project Types: Software 

Trying to understand the various reports and how they can be used for projects.  Most of the tutorials I have found show how to read the reports but have not found one to show how issues have to be set up to qualify to show on the reports. Specifically the Burndowns for sprints, epics and releases.

So far have not gotten any to show up with any data on the chart (or graph) but does show as part of list of issues but not all that are part of the release or version (seems like it is ignoring sub-tasks) below the chart area.

Here is basic set up of issues (all parts are associated to same version and sprint)

• Parent Issue
    • Sub Task for Coding 
    • Sub Task for Dev Testing
    • Sub Task for QA Test Script Creation
    • Sub Task for QA Test Script Execution

Each sub-task is given an estimate (hours) for completion of each step.  The sub-tasks could be and are usually assigned to different people based on the type it is (i.e. developers get coding tasks and testers get QA tasks)  

Here are a few questions I am working 

• So do the charts require estimated time on the main issue ?
    • We do not put it there as no work is done on the main issue but on the sub-tasks.
  • Must they be part of a Started Sprint even with the Epic Burndown or Release Burndown?

Or just does anyone know of a good tutorial for the various reports that says more then just how to read them but to actually set the issues up to show on them.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events