Get Projects list from a Filter query

Ivan Kaschenko June 28, 2017

(have tried to search a similar question but didn't find)

I have a JQL filter (by id) - how is it possible to read a list of associated projects, if a filter covers a lot of them? i.e. a filter result will contain issues with keys belonging to different projects. Iterating over all issues in a search result doesn't work, unfortunately, because it might take a lot of time (up to minutes or even hours in case of a large amount of issues in a filter).

REST API (link) doesn't seem to answer this question - there is a lot of endpoints about filters, but I have found nothing which would help to read associated projects. Does anyone know any undocumented features in this api? :) Or maybe it is possible to use some aggregation functions for same purpose? or call a filter via web interface?

Another way: to get projects not by just a filter, but by Agile Board. It is a kind of a workaround, but acceptable one in our case. The problem is that a documented REST endpoint "agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/project" (link) returns "404 null for uri" even for my jira with Agile plugged in (a former Greenhopper functionality), my own filter, my own board, my own several projects i've mentioned in the filter query. Thus, I believe permissions should be all ok. Could anyone give an idea why this call doesn't work?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

I would export results in excel (just add a 'project' column) and then get rid of duplicates in that column (some basic excel functionality I believe).

Though it might seem like a lot, still looks like less work than going throug the whole list by yourself.

I know it's an old question, but seeing it with just one comment and so many views is weird.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Hi,

I don't know if exists another way but you can try to

1. Query for the filter
  2. Query for the projects
  3. Loop through the filter and capture the issue key or project id to match to the correct project
  4. Return the projects included in the result of 1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events