Get AD information of users into jira

1st question - is it possible to get contact and location information from active directory user into jira.

scenarion - if some one creates tickets his contact infromation should get copied or auto populated from AD to jira

2 answers

1 accepted

You can use add-on Active Directory Integration. It's very easy to use. You can choose user's attributes, get all selected values from AD and use it in JIRA. You can get values from more than one AD or ldap servers.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.ad-integration-manager

This add-on has more possibilities. You can see documentation:

http://plugins.intenso.pl/display/PLUG/Active%20Directory%20Integration%20with%20JIRA

You should add Jira user properties from AD. I created a perl script which runs every night and updates Jira user properties in DB from AD.

I use this SQL to get list of users which have have missing user property:

select

name

from

external_entities

where

external_entities.name not in

(

select

external_entities.name

from

propertystring,

propertyentry,

external_entities

where

propertystring.id=propertyentry.id and

external_entities.id=propertyentry.entity_id and

propertyentry.property_key="jira.meta.UserCustomID"

)

Then cycle those users, get value for each with $ldap->search

Then write found values to Jira DB:

INSERT INTO propertystring (id,propertyvalue) VALUES (\@newID, \"$UserCustomID\");";

And update sequence after that:

UPDATE SEQUENCE_VALUE_ITEM SET SEQ_ID=(SELECT (((max(id)+20) div 100)+1)*100 from propertyentry) where SEQ_NAME=\"OSPropertyEntry\";";

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,199 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot