Future of exporting Jira Cloud projects to Jira Data Center

David Vincent October 4, 2024

Hello Atlassian Community,

I recently noticed that Atlassian is moving towards a new backup and restore system (https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/cloud/New-backup-and-restore-experience?search=backup&p=8cc3ebd2-34 ), and the option for project-by-project backups seems to no longer be available in Jira Cloud. We used to rely on this feature for exporting individual projects, especially when migrating data from Jira Cloud to Jira Data Center.

Could anyone advise on the best approach moving forward? Specifically, I’m looking for:

1. Any recommended methods for exporting specific projects from Jira Cloud to Jira DC now that the project-by-project backup is no longer supported.
  2. Potential workarounds or tools that might assist with selective project exports or partial migrations.
  3. Information on whether Atlassian plans to reintroduce this functionality in the future, or if there are any new features we should anticipate.

Any guidance or advice from those who have faced a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
David

1 answer

0 votes
Pablo Gamblin _ServiceRocket_ October 4, 2024

Hi David,

Good day to you.  I have taken a look at the link you shared and it seems that the new way of backing up data is currently rolling out to users. 

That being said, looking at the documentation of how to export data from Cloud can be found here:

- Export Data from Jira Cloud 

I wonder if we can get confirmation from someone in Atlassian on this post if the changes will affect what is in the documentation already, and if said article will change to reflect the changes.  

Kind regards,
Pablo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events