Fullname is not searchable or assignable in JIRA (v6.2.1)

mike January 20, 2015

Example:

Username: XB281932

Full Name: Smith, John

During issue creation, typing "Full Name" in Assign field (or Reporter field, or any field really) comes back with "no matches".  I can assign with Username, but I get no match until I type the full username, and the above example is not the standard format, it can be a mix-match of alphanumeric characters, e.g. A27B481.

Additionally, simply doing a "quick search" for a Full Name also finds nothing, even though the Full Name would be in plain text on the various issues pages, yet "quick search" will find searched text if it's in comments or other areas.  I find this bizarre.

I would like to be able to search, in all fields applicable, by "Full Name" as opposed to Username.  I am not the admin, but they have put me to task to resolve this.  What can I tell them to make this happen.

Thanks for any response.

3 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Sounds like you lack global Browse User permission? Since you are no admin you will need to ask your admins.

0 votes
mike January 20, 2015

@ueira I don't know the specifics of how they go about creating a user, but as in my example above the "Full Name" field on a user's profile has a regular name, Last, First. I can sort of understand why the Assign, Report, etc. fields may not populate but I can't understand why a "quick search" wouldn't find issues by the searched user. If "Smith, John" created an issue, and then I did a "quick search" for "John Smith" or "Smith" or "John", unless they typed it in the comments I would not find anything.

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

During the user creation process, how the admin's fill the full name field?

Suggest an answer