My Jira installation is available using different adresses: IP address and domain (with and without www).
I want Jira accessible only with www; others accesses would redirect to the main access.
In fact, I would need some equivalent to Apache's RewriteRule but I don't know Tomcat good enough to figure out by myself.
Agree with Nic, url rewriting is probably best done in apache, but I don't see why you can't use the tuckey filter.
Modify web-inf/urlrewrite.xml - docs here: http://urlrewritefilter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/doc/manual/3.2/index.html
This example is more or less what you want, just change the host instead of the scheme: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3385034/urlrewritefilter-direct-to-https/3385100#3385100</p<>>
Add the following filter rule to atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\urlrewrite.xml.
This should be the top rule, processed before any other.
<!-- added to force url to jira.abcdef.local, avoids url issues jsb 20101130 --> <rule> <name>Domain Name Check</name> <condition name="host" operator="notequal">jira.abcdef.local</condition> <from>^(.*)$</from> <to type="redirect">http://jira.abcdef.local$1</to> </rule>
I assume you are in the same environment as I, and that you are running your Atlassian instances in windows as a service.
In your Confluence isntance try this:
<confluence install home>\confluence\WEB-INF\web.xml
Make sure that your filter mapping is applied that is in the tuckey.org/urlrewrite manual;
<filter-mapping> <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name> <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher> <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher> </filter-mapping>
This was missing in my web.xml. I applied it just under the first <filter-mapping> element for URLRewriteFilter.
The solution that Jim Burch provided worked for me and my resident Web guru verified the syntax. And since it worked for your JIRA and Stash instances, I figure that had to be missing in your confluence instance. Please let us know if it works.
Jim I came across your URLRewrite filter post for Jira I tried to configure it and I can't seem to get it to work correctly were there any other lines you added to the URLRewrite.xml file and what changes did you add to the Web.xlm file if any. We are currently using it for Confluence just fine with no issues. Not sure if for Jira it's a little different.
We aren't using this in Jira now. This was a while back and I can't remember why for sure, but I think it might have been because I couldn't get it running either after an upgrade or when we started running websites through a web management device. I didn't really follow it up.
Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events