Filter Result Gadget giving error.

I have a users in Jira name xyz, abc.

Xyz is a user in ProjectA, but abc is not a user in ProjectA.

xyz created 3 issues for ProjectA.

I have created a search Filter for ProjectA.

Went to adminstration and added gadget Filter Result.

So when i login with xyz i able to see issues, but when i able to login abc that filetr gadet giving error as below.

There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• The selected filter filter-10002 has an error: A value with ID '10002' does not exist for the field 'project'..

I know i am trying to see issues created under that project in that gadget, even he is not a member of that project.

rather than displaying this error. You can display simply No issues found message to non-member of that project. How we can hide that error message in that gadget?

Could you help me out in this, whether my understanding correct or not.

Regards

Mohan Kiran

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Simple to explain. Any entity you mention in the filter should be visible to user. If you specify a project that the user can't see, filter will throw error.

If you don't specify any projects, filter will not throw any error but only show the issues in projects visible to him/her.

Administrator created a filter and shared it to all users. I have a project name ProjectA, in that i have only one user name xyz. But the non-member of that project try to access in two-dimensional filter it simply says you dont have to see any issues, it doesn't throw any error. But in case of Filter search it throws error.

It is because of different implementation of the gadgets. They have just handled it differently. Some people might think no error is good but some people might argue that they want to see an error instead of ignoring it silently ;)

Did xyz create a filter shared to abc as well? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Filters

for abc the filter is not valid since abc is not allowed to see project with id 10002. Therefor this error.

What does the filter the admin created look like?

Administrator created a filter and shared it to all users. I have a project name ProjectA, in that i have only one user name xyz. But the non-member of that project try to access in two-dimensional filter it simply says you dont have to see any issues, it doesn't throw any error. But in case of Filter search it throws error. why ?

Zulfadli Noor Sazali [Atlassian] :

Xyz not created any filter to share it to abc. Administrator created a filter.

Administrator created a filter and shared it to all users. I have a project name ProjectA, in that i have only one user name xyz. But the non-member of that project try to access in two-dimensional filter it simply says you dont have to see any issues, it doesn't throw any error. But in case of Filter search it throws error.

Jobin Kuruvilla : Administrator created a filter and shared it to all users. I have a project name ProjectA, in that i have only one user name xyz. But the non-member of that project try to access in two-dimensional filter it simply says you dont have to see any issues, it doesn't throw any error. But in case of Filter search it throws error.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

76 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you