Fields missing in Columns to Display in filter gadget

Geoff Tanner February 21, 2013

I set up a few shared filters, then added them as gadgets on a dashboard. I wanted to select a mix of custom and standard fields in the gadgets.

For some filters I can see standard fields like Assignee and Reporter, and in others I cannot see those fields, and also cannot se emy custom fields (one is a date field and one a multi-select with a single option).

I did this in a test environment and my prod envrinoment; test works fine, not prod. I have been comparing all the way thorugh from fields to congif schemes and they seem to be set up the same.

I have not been able to find this scenarion in the doco or answers: does anyone know what may drive this behaviour?

Jira version is (v5.0.1#721-sha1:838c4a0)

Thanks

Geoff Tanner

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Geoff.

I'm not sure why this was filed under JIRA OnDemand, as you would be running the latest version of our software rather than JIRA 5.0.1. Are you on an onjira.com instance? If so, please contact us at support.atlassian.com to migrate you over to OnDemand or your own Download instance immediately, if you haven't already.

To the problem at hand, this documentation explains why custom fields are missing from search filters and may contribute to the Gadget problem as well: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Custom+Field+Not+Appearing+in+Issue+Navigator+Search+Criteria

As for the rest, please ensure:

1. Provided we have your URL, we can run an integrity check on the instance.
  2. Ensure the instance is fully reindexed (as gadgets, filters, etc pull from the indices, not the database).
  3. Confirm that your JIRA versions between production and testing match. If testing is running a newer version (our latest release is 5.2.7), you may want to upgrade your production environment to match that version, as there have been many bugs fixed since 5.0.1.
  4. Confirm that all of the settings for the custom fields (and their field configurations) display the field via the Default screen.

Beyond that, we'll need to take a look at your instance directly (via your URL, or you can provide screenshots) in order to further troubleshoot the issue.

Does that help?

Suggest an answer