Exporting different word document formats to the jira

Is it possible to show couple of word document formats in Jira environment under "view" field?

like... word 1
word 2
word 3

different word formats................

If so sm1 plz giv us a method to do this........................................................................

6 answers

1 accepted

K I wnt to do the codings... Bt I do nt hv an idea abt the place where I need to upload them... Do I neeed to write it inside the issueview folder... Cn u say me the way hw I can upload it....

It should be a vm file... Hw can I prepare it... Please help me.....

Take a look at our developer space as a first step.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/HOME/Welcome

I'm not very familiar with actually writing custom code... someone else from the community will have a better idea about how to accomplish what you are looking to do.

I'm not sure I uderstand your question Hiroshi :( would you mind explaining your question a bit more?

yep... Sure.... Simon.... What I need to know is... under view icon we can get an issue view, in word document format no... So rather than having a single word documant format cant I get several word document formats for issues... In several designs...

Under view icon it should appeard

Word 1
word 2..... ets...

So the user can use different formats according to his preference..... So do we need to install more plugins to do this or should we code and do this....

Thanks Hiroshi,

By default, JIRA has only one Word document format. I don't think there is a plugin for multiple formats, you would have to do some custom coding if you wanted the feature.

Oki Simon.... Thanx I will go through this.... Hpe sme1 will give me an answer sooooon..... Thanx alot....

There is a new plugin Intelligent Reporter that allows easy exporting to word files using as many templates as you like.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports

Your question is not quite precise, but if you primarily look for a document generation solution for JIRA, remember to try the JIRA PDF View Plugin

It is highly customizable, yet it saves you from the complexity of hardcore JIRA plugin development.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot