Export to excel option is still visible on Project Backlog screen, by clicking it throws 404 error

Raghavendra Amara August 30, 2018

Hi,

We recently upgraded to JIRA 7.5.4. We see that the export to Excel option is disabled in JIRA. This option is removed from everywhere but not from Project Backlog screen as per attached screenshot. Users when tried to click on this link, they are getting 404 errors and I assume that this is because Excel export option is disabled.

We dont want to display 404 error when users click on it. Is there a way we can remove this option from Project backlog ?

Excel Export in Project backlog.png

2 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Riza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hi Raghavendra,

You should be able to hide this item on the list by using the following CSS:

<style>
#ghx-issue-ctx-action-view-in-excel-container a[title="View in Excel"] {
display: none !important;
}
</style>

You should able to paste this CSS in the Announcement Banner in Jira for this to take effect: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-an-announcement-banner-802592288.html. 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hello Raghavendra,

After some time searching for any related errors, I found out that this behavior has already been reported to Atlassian as a bug and it'currently on our roadmap to be fixed:

"View in Excel" feature on "Backlog" of Agile boards leads to a 404 error page

That being said, I recommend you to watch the reported bug to be aware of any updates on this. For now, you can also use one of the workaround options described in the bug.

Suggest an answer