Export to Word: Can I force Labels to be Heading1 or Heading2?

Tony Deacon August 23, 2012

Is there a way to set the field Labels to be Heading1 or 2 when exporting a jira issue list out to Word?

Currently, I can create a contents page in word using the issue key (as its marked up as Heading3)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

You can use the Intelligent Reporter plugin to exactly define the output format that you want in Word. Not only headings, but also tables, charts and all other formatting. You can also define exactly which issue fields you want exported, and where they should appear in the document.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports

Tony Deacon January 10, 2013

btw I have not actually looked into this but I trust the assertion. Thanks.

0 votes
Tony Deacon January 10, 2013

How do I accept this answer? (where is the grey check mark?)

0 votes
Tony Deacon September 4, 2012

I mean pulling the issue navigator's jira list out into Word using the 'Views' button. There must be something that controls the way content is marked up so that when it's saved to Word it creates the H3 tag on the issue key field. I want to know if I have access to that template so that I can set other fields to be H2 then when I create the contents in Word it will pick up those H2 tags.

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Do you mean pulling data from the Issue Navigator in JIRA and putting it in Confluence? Or do you mean something else?

If the former, we do have the JIRA Issues Macro. Would that work?

Suggest an answer