Export comments from JIRA

NehaNagori July 13, 2017

We need to extract a report from JIRA that include comments while issue is in code review status.

I want below field in report

JIRA- ID, Code Review Comment, Comment By, Commented Date, Issue Type, Current Status of Ticket                         

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

You can do this with Better Excel Plugin.

There is actually a pre-configured export type that will list the columns you selected plus the comments per issue.

If I correctly understand you want to export only those comments that were posted while the issue was in a specific status. That is also doable by applying a custom filter (predicate) to the comments collection before exporting that to Excel. The predicate should find out the periods from the issue change history during which "status = YOURSTATUSHERE" and match those periods against the submission date of a comment. 

For scripting please see: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/scripting

Dave White January 23, 2020

I'm actually getting ready to do an export of issues from one JIRA site at a vendor's cloud instance into our JIRA cloud instance.  Has anyone tried to import a xls that this tool exported? 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

You can't in native JIRA. The comments are in a single field in the database.  There may be a plugin that allows it. 

NehaNagori July 13, 2017

Kindly Let me know the plugin name or link. I am not able to find the plugin.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2017

I said there MAY be one. I'm not aware of one. 

Like Jan Wagner likes this

Suggest an answer