Expansion of plugin triggers plugin reload in jira

Sergii Shmarkatiuk February 5, 2019

Some weird JIRA behavior has been discovered yesterday. For most of the plugins JIRA does not allow to view their details anymore. When I press 'expand' triangle on certain plugin, JIRA shows plugin details for a second and then reloads the whole page with plugins list hiding plugin details. Has anybody encounter this behavior? Why JIRA behavior changed suddenly (no upgrades or corresponding configurations have been made recently)? What would be the best approach to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergii Shmarkatiuk February 7, 2019

Apparently something changed in response from marketplace so that it causes plugin to reload on expand because turned out the problem goes away if option to check marketplace gets deselected in plugins settings

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

I've seen this happen in Firefox - if you're using that, try "safe mode" to disable all the plugins temporarily, and see if that fixes it.  Also, if you can try another browser, check if that has the same issue.

Sergii Shmarkatiuk February 7, 2019

It does not depend on browser. Feel free to check my solution below in the accepted answer.

Suggest an answer