Estimations gone missing after migrating issues to new project

Richard Francis December 16, 2019

Hello,

It just noticed that the estimations of all the issues that I migrated to a new project has disappeared from the board. Not quire sure what I did wrong here nor could I find any leads on the net.

Any idea what I could have done wrong here? And of course if I could retrieve the estimation (story points) ?

Thanks,

Richard

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Richard Francis ,

The migration should not affect the original story point estimates. It is recommended that you check from the following aspects.

1.board settings -->Estimation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-estimation-and-tracking-764478030.html

1.png

2.board settings -->Card layout

2.png

3.project settings-->screens scheme

Richard Francis December 17, 2019

Thanks for the help Ollie.

I checked all the above. Estimation and project settings are done right; story points are added and checked. However, the card layout doesn't seem to have this nor am I able to add it in. The list doesn't show story points

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

So you can find the story point field in the Screens scheme, but can’t find it in the card layout set in the board?

Yes, exactly

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

I want to confirm that you are using jira server or jira cloud ? And  which template does the new project use? Business or Software?

We are using Jira server and the template we use is software

Also, I just noticed that the create and edit screens of the issues does not have the 'story point' field at all. Does this mean that the admin/IT guys will have to add it as a new field? Just curious/checking

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

Yes, you need to contact the administrator to modify screens scheme to make this field visible.

But we do have story points in screens scheme (screenshot attached)

It's just the card layout section that doesn't show story points.

image (2).png

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

I noticed that the story point field type of the screenshot above is a Number Field, which does not look like the original story point field of the System Field, but a custom field with the same name.

So should 'system field' be the right choice for type?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

After the issues migration is completed, the changed information will be recorded in the issue's Activity, such as project name, key, etc.

Can you check if the fields of the story point have changed?

TIM截图20191218134234.png

Yikes, yes! The activity says I removed the story points :/ Not sure how that happened.

Richard Francis December 18, 2019

Is there any way of bringing it back? 

Also, any inputs on how I could bring the story points fields in the edit and create screens? The story point estimate field is available in the sidebar that appears on the backlog when you click an issue but, not available in the edit and create screens

Suggest an answer