Escape issue number in monospaced text

c
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Now and then I have a file named after a issue, e.g. `JIR-123.jpg`. Now when I want to show the path to this file, I monospace the path with {{ and }}:

{{path/to/JIR-123.jpg}}

Unfortunately, Jira automatically links JIR-123 and does not render the monospaced text. I get:

{{path/to<a href="...">JIR-123</a>.jpg}}

Is there a way to prevent Jira from linking the issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
c
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013
Escaping the "-" with a "\" helps:
{{path/to/JIR\-123.jpg}}
0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

use the {noformat}path/to/JIR-123.jpg{noformat} quotes

c
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

This creates a separate code block, which is not - unlike {{ }} - within the line text flow.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

You could use single { } to keep in the text, but then the '{' and '}' will still be visible,

for example : some text : {path/to/JIR-123.jpg} and some more text

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2013

BTW: why don't you attach the file to the issue and link directly to the file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events