It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Errors in CSV import

ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state:

Error on the first record. What do I fix?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Check if anything was created, and if it was, edit it, to ensure it is mostly valid.

Then check the application log to see what the error was.  <Jira home>/log/atlassian-jira.log

Nothing was imported. The log throws an error on the first record stating "unexpected error" and stops. 

I am trying to import a CSV file into a next-gen project with a custom issue type and custom fields.

That's good, it means no harm done!

I don't think Next-gen projects support full CSV imports yet - you have to stick to the non-custom things that they arrive with when created.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Seems we will need to wait for the Next-Gen projects to gain more functionality.

Checking back 1 year later and it still seems like it is not working. I'm trying to upload an extremely simple CSV to test and getting the same error.

Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state

After troubleshooting this for a while, now I see this - it would be helpful if they didn't list next-gen projects in dropdown while selecting what projects to import CSV into.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you