Error when importing project to JIRA

Rumceisz July 7, 2013

Hi All,

we try to import a project in a JIRA but it fails because of plugin-related custom fields. You can see in the attached screenshot that there are 2 types of custom fields: the above fields van be "fixed", I guess by changing the custom field ID in the entitities xml of the import. But what about the 'Time in Status' custom field?? How can I import the project? Should I delete the field in the imported XML?

Thanks for help!

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Either in the source system or an intermediate system

1. Delete the Date of First Response custom field in the source system
  2. Delete the Time in Status custom field in the source system

Perform your export and it should import ok. You may need to perform a reindex to repopulate the values.

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

I reckon that you should not tamper with the XML data just yet, mate. Since there are possible bad implications if doing so.

I noticed that this has been raised as a bug in the project import and JIRA Charting plugin: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31434

Might as well ask the opinions of the developers in that issue.

Suggest an answer