Epics appears to be setting themselves to 'Done'

Keith S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2019

Hi

I have two Epics for outstanding tickets which are then in turn added to fortnightly sprints. The Epics are simply called 'Jira Open' and 'Jira Closed'. 

Now unless someone is secretly going around setting the 'Jira Closed' Epic as Done behind my back and not telling me, it seems that for some reason, after about 2 weeks the 'Jira Closed' Epic is setting itself as 'Done'.

Which means when I go to change the Epics for a completed ticket from Open to Closed I cannot see it, unless I check the 'Include Done' epics, which in turn causes the list of Epics available in the drop-down to grow from about 5 to about 30.

Is there a setting which could be causing the Epics to automatically become set as Done? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

I expect you have an automation running that is setting the issue to Done. At least that is what I would look at first.

Suggest an answer