Epic was rejected by accident

Nick Taylor December 22, 2021

A team member moved an Epic to rejected and I need to move it out. I cannot where to move it back to "In Work".

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi Nick, I assume this is an issue status? Can you view the epic and click on the status and the view workflow? I suspect that the workflow does not support a transition back to “in work“. Can you confirm that and share an image here? Assuming this is the case then the workflow needs to be edited to provide a transition.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

You need to have transitions from any status to any status that you wish to allow. You can use the “All” transition into any status and it will allow you to transition from any status to that status if you don’t need to restrict transitions.

Like Deleted user likes this
1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Hi @Nick Taylor I echo with @Jack Brickey 

The first place to check or correct this transition is to view how your Jira admin has set the  "issue work flow". Please reach out to the Jira admin to make the needed transitions given his access permissions or he updates in backend and will be able to pull the epic back to "in work" status.

Nick Taylor December 22, 2021

ok, I am an admin, new to it, and have the permissions to make changes as needed. 
Are you saying I need to make sure the "issue work flow" on the backend has it wired to allow "rejected" to flow back to "in work"? 
The previous admins are no longer here and I am learning this as I go.

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events