Enquiries on importing Mantis to JIRA

aykwong_wfao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2020

1) For example, I have 80 issues in Mantis numbered as 1-40, 61-100 as there are some issues were deleted previously. After importing, the issues are re-numbered into 1-80, is there any ways to keep the original issue number?

2) Is there any ways to import attachment or comments in issues with Chinese characters?

I have encountered error as below:

Failed to attach attachments to issue TEST-2888
Error importing issue [externalId='2965', summary='[ITMU][Policy Review] Save error when last application fail']
Unable to import comment com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.beans.ExternalComment@f42b1b0[Revision: 16459Author: rayDate: 2018年3月19日 16:3...]
Unable to import comment com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.beans.ExternalComment@60aaf55b[One more estate "白田村" found should be removed f...]

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2020

Regarding your first question about keeping the same number during import, if the CSV import is executed by a JIRA Admin through the System > External System Import option, then you can specify the Issue Key for each issue being imported. Include a column for the value in the CSV file, fill it with the appropriate value (ProjectKey-##), and then map that column to the Issue Key field during the import. Note that if an issue with the key already exists in the destination project, then this will cause that issue to be updated.

I don't have any suggestions for your second question.

Suggest an answer