Empty Traceability Report

Robert Cairone March 6, 2019

I work for a small product design company, focused on medical devices. To get a handle on our process, I recommended Jira with Confluence, R4J, XRay, and Git Integration, all server based.

Started off my project by adding 25 requirements type issues into Jira (most are Functional Requirements but I have Customer, Non-Functional and UI Requirements as well). Then I created several tests and linked them (tested by) to the requirements issues. I further grouped some of the tests into a Test Plan and some into a Test Set. I enabled Requirement Coverage for the project. Yet when I run the traceability report, all of the Quick Filters list (0) and I get “No matched requirements found.” The Scope is set to testPlan, the Test Plan is one of my TestPlan issues, the Environment is set to All, and Filters just say All.

What am I doing wrong, or not doing right? My goal is to assure that every requirement is covered by one or more tests, and to identify any orphaned requirements. This report is critical to our use of Jira, and I’ve been frustrated by these constant zeroes. Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi @Robert Cairone 

Is this issue resolved?

Nate Dickinson March 27, 2020

Actually I am still experiencing this issue and would like to know how to use traceability reports in xray rather than use a different integration. 

0 votes
Brian Walker March 7, 2019

Hi Robert,

I found QMetry for Jira as a strong contender which provides complete traceability and coverage report with very user-friendly UI compare to Xray. Also, it is very much aligned to your goal so you can certainly go ahead and try it out. I am using it for more than a year.

Suggest an answer