Emailing Dashboard report

ayesha April 8, 2021

Team

I would like to have ability to email Dashboard charts to a group if usersautomatically. I know some answers already have suggested to use plugins. Is there a way to achieve this without havign to use any plugins?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hi @ayesha ,

try the following plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5167/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

You can achieve higher efficiency in your work by automating PDF document generation and distribution via email.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 8, 2021

Hi @ayesha , @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Thanks for mentioning Better PDF Exporter, it indeed is the only app to export Jira Cloud dashboards to nicely formatted PDFs.

However, please note that Automation for Jira Cloud does not allow third party apps to integrate, so no automation integration is currently possible on Cloud. This is a huge blocker for many of our users who are looking to email or otherwise automate dashboard and other PDF exports.

Please join us in supporting this feature request and leave a comment for Atlassian, so they understand how important this is.

Thanks for your support!

Like # people like this
North Reading April 13, 2022

Thank you for your input.  Does your suggestions also apply if the we are using the Jira Server and not the Cloud?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

yes, I can suggest the same approach also for a server instance

Like Levente Szabo _Midori_ likes this
1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @ayesha 

Apart from using apps you can also look at using Confluence Jira macros (if you are using Confluence). You can create a page there with some of the familiar gadgets (not all though). It is not a solution to mail the reports to people but Confluence pages can be exported in PDF and I thought I will might share this information.

Ravi

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

Hi @ayesha,

For this specific request, the answers suggesting to use apps are correct. Jira has no way out of the box to send email reports containing dashboard gadgets.

Out of the box alternatives that are available:

• you can share your dashboard with other people and educate them to view the dashboard itself directly in Jira. This has the big advantage that people get more involved in your system and are always looking at data in real time (which is not the case with emailed reports);
  • you can create filter subscriptions for the data your dashboard gadgets are based on. But that means you are sending out a list of issues, not the charts you see in your dashboard.

If that is not sufficient, it will be a matter of looking into marketplace apps for now.

ayesha April 8, 2021

Thanks for the quick response. I will check.

Dave August 17, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout

Just reading your comments above,

is there a way to allow customers to see the Dashboard we created, I've just started to use Better PDF Exporter, when our Customer seen the Dashboard they requested access.

And can you share filter subscriptions with the Customer?

Many thanks in advance

Dave 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events