Email sender name

anfield leung April 16, 2015

Knowing it is possible to config the "Email from" in JIRA with parameter '${fullname}', '${email}' and '${email.hostname}'. However it didn't work as expected, the sender name is not equals to the actual address (e.g. 'jira@company.com') but with somebody's name (I have no clue what is this name from, it looks like the send-to name indeed) when I am using ${fullname}. What I got now is like "Anfield Leung <jira@company.com>" which it totally irrelevant. What I expect is like "JIRA <jira@company.com>" and "XXX <xxx@company.com>", "ZZZ <zzz@company.com>" for other projects. 

Is it possible to do so or am I did something wrong? 

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hey Anfield,

Maybe the way you configured your Email From is wrong, we already have another answer related to that question, please check it here.

anfield leung April 20, 2015

Thanks Paulo your reply. I have read that thread as well, however, it didn't help or I should say the problem is not equivalent. My problem is the sender name is not match with the sender address! e.g. the email from column looks like "Anfield Leung <jira@company.com>" while my email address should be anfield.leung@company.com. The name of jira@company.com should be "Jira". It looks like the name is equals to send-to instead of send-from.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2015

No, ${fullname} should be the name of the user who changed the issue. At least, it's like that in our JIRA instance. If user A has reported an issue and user B e.g. comments on it, user A will get a notification mail with name of user B as sender. Cheers, Kirstin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events