Email notification at specified interval

Deleted user July 23, 2013

Hi all. I'm looking for a way to send email notification at a specified inteval based on a bug's priority. For example, if a bug is marked as a "Blocker", I'd like the owner to be emailed once every hour until the bug is resolved. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

4 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

You probably want a service, or just a subscription with a cron expression. A listener will handle mailing someone when the priority changes to Blocker.

But... seriously, take a step back. Mail someone every hour? How absolutely maddening that would be to be on the receiving end of that.

0 votes
Deleted user July 24, 2013

Thanks, guys. It looks like script listener may be what we're looking for. But in my cursory check, it looks like an event has to trigger it. Can it be scheduled?

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

We use the following plug-in

Builtin Script Listener

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

And you can configure a custom email when conditions are met. Exactly what you are looking for I think.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Hey Fender4645,

You need to write a scheduled task. Take a look at

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/05/scheduled-tasks-in-jira.html

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events