Email Notifications for non users

Duncan DAVIES February 7, 2012

Hi

We are trying to set up our JIRA instance in a Help Desk style environment. We would like people to be able to email an inbox, and a ticket is automatically created, with notifications occuring at certain steps.

We currently have everything working except email notifications are not working if the Reporter is not a registered JIRA user. I have set permissions so that the Browse Projects has Everyone on it, but still can't figure out why the emails will not send. They send fine if the reporter is a registered User

Thanks for the help!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

Email notifications work only for registered users of Jira. So if mails come to this mailbox from unknown users, you can specify "create users" option in the mailbox configuration so that for every new email-id received a user will be automatically be created.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2013

Duncan, Email This Issue can do this for you. It saves the non-JIRA reporter's email address in a custom field and you can configure event notifications to notify non-JIRA users including the non-JIRA reporter.

Tibor

0 votes
Amrut B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

Hello duncan,

I understand you have set up automatic issue creation via email. please let me know who is the Reporter for _non user_ creating issue via email? the email trigger by default can be configured to the reporter.

Amrut

Suggest an answer