Email Notification issue

swati sharma March 31, 2014

Hello,

Our projects name on JIRA is ivybound. My username on JIRA is swati.sharma@gspnetwork.com. From last thursaday , i am facing strange issue. When ever other users add any comments on any ticket, I am not getting email notification. Earlier i used to get notification for all new comments on my above email id.

Also , other users on system are facing strange issue. When they add new ticket, they cannot assign ticket to anybody, as assign ticket link does not appears.

Please check both this problems on top priority as we are facing lot of issues in communication due to this.

Thanks,

Swati

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2014

For the email issue, it sounds like one of your administrators may have changed your permission scheme, or even the mail server settings that Jira is trying to send mail out. Tarun has given you more information on debugging that.

On your "cannot assign issue", it's probably something similar - an administrator has changed the permission scheme - go into that and look at the line that says "assign issue - can assign issue to people" - you'll find that your users do not match that rule any more.

There is one other possibility - that your notification and permission schemes are using groups, and your admins have been changing the groups. If, for example, you have a group called "Coffee drinkers". Your permissions say "Assign issue: group: coffee drinkers" and your notifications say "On Create/Comment: group: coffee drinkers". Then when your admins remove all the members of the group from it, their access and emails will change.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2014

"Please check both this problems on top priority as we are facing lot of issues in communication due to this."

This is an answers community NOT the atlassian support.

Regarding your problem - are you sure all users have the right permissions for the project, also check that the notification scheme is working fine by sending a test email from jira to your email address, just to make sure that the SMTP is working fine.

swati sharma March 31, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for responding. But I was redirected here by clicking on tech Support Link only.

I am searching from JIRA support from long while , but cannot locate any official tech support email id. If anyone knows it, please reply.

Thanks,

Swati

Suggest an answer