Email All Issues using VBA

Geo Gacho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2020

Hi,

I have this process that needs to be done via VBA. I found a code for email a specific issue. However the users wants it via All Issues

So the manual step is to go to All Issues then select the Email Icon on top and then select the issues specific for the users and then compose and send the mail

Not really sure if this is doable

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

So your goal is to send a custom list of all issues in the system? What does VBA do here? Not sure I understand what the goal here. It may be solvable with the share functionality2020-02-07 at 9.17 AM.png

Or if you need something more advanced, then an app like Notification Assistant for Jira (that we make) may suit your needs.

Geo Gacho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2020

yes the end goal is to select a custom list of all issues.

We're trying to send escalation mails to leads depending on the severity and how long the ticket is passed the target date on the ticket. I've done the VBA part of trying to determine the tickets however selecting and sending them across via mail is the roadblock. Based on the screenshot you sent we have the share function but we also have the email button which I'm trying to use

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer